Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baby Food

Just after Saije turned 6 months old, I decided it was time to start rice cereal again and introduce baby food. I don't know if you remember, but I first tried rice cereal when she hit the 4 month mark and she couldn't handle it at all! She would drink it in her bottle but she would end up throwing it all up. It did not settle well with her little belly. This time I didn't put it in her bottle. I mixed it in a bowl and tried spoon feeding it to her! BAD IDEA! That stuff smells aweful so I can only imagine what it tastes like! It can't be worse than formula though can it?! She spit it out faster than I could shovel it in! I was getting so frustrated! Granted it was only the VERY FIRST time I tried spoon feeding and she didn't know what to expect either, it was still frustrating. I opened a jar of bananas thinking she would like that because it's sweet and NO BUENO! First spoonful and she pulled a face like she just ate a sour patch candy!  WHAT THE HECK!? I finally just put the rice cereal she didn't finish into her bottle and a few spoons of bananas and she sucked it down. With that being said, it can't be the taste...it's just the overall experience of using a spoon and the texture of it being solid vs liquid. She'll get it!
Later that day I decided to give spoon feeding another try. This time I used sweet potatoes to mix with the rice cereal and HOLY CRAP she loved it! She downed it! So...my kid hates bananas and loves sweet potatoes! JUST LIKE HER MAMA! The next morning I tried doing the same thing with applesauce and she pulled the same face as she did with the bananas! What a weirdo...Oh well. We will keep experimenting until we find stuff she likes and will eat. Once she grasps the concept of the spoon we'll be golden. Until then.....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment