Wednesday, August 10, 2011

37 wks 3 days

Today I am officially 37 wks 3 days pregnant. I am soooo thankful to have made it this far. At this point Saije can REALLY come at anytime because she is considered full term. I had my 37 week doctor appointment on Monday and of course it was all good news except for one thing: I tested positive for Strep B so I have to be pumped full of antibiotics AT LEAST 4 hours before Saije passes through the birth canal so she doesn't get it. If she does, I will have to stay at least one extra night in the hospital and Saije will have to be monitored and on antibiotics as well. I would prefer for that not to happen. 1 in 3 women test positive for Strep B when they are pregnant too, so it's nothing too serious or uncommon. I have gained a total of 19 lbs this entire pregnancy, which is alright, but definitely on the low end for being 8 1/2 months along. Saije's heart rate is wonderful, my belly is growing like it should, her position is perfect, she is one active little girl, I am dilated to 2 cm, and 80% efaced. Mom and doctor couldn't ask for anything better! Because I am a little more than two hours away from Ogden Regional Hospital where I will be delivering her and the fact that I tested positive for Strep B, my doctor and I decided it might just be safest to schedule me to be induced so we make sure I have enough time to get to the hospital and also to make sure I get the minimum four hours of antibiotics that I need before she comes. The date we set is Thursday, August 25th! That is two weeks from tomorrow! As much as I want her here soon, I hope she waits till the 25th so I know everything will be fine.  My worst fear at this point is my water breaking while I'm sittin here in Idaho and have to make a mad dash to the hospital with the chance of delivering my little girl on the side of the freeway! Ha ha. Just kidding. But seriously...the 25th sounds to me like a wonderful day for an angel to be born :)
Two weeks ago at my 35 week appointment I got another peek at my baby girl! Because she is big and smashed in there pretty tight, it was hard to distinguish which was what body part. Ha Ha! This was the only still shot the doctor took, but it's pretty dang adorable. She is giving us a thumbs up! It's sideways, but you can still see it. It's at the very top of the picture, if you look closely. You can see her fist with her thumb sticking out to the right. I love you Saije! Can't wait to meet you in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment