Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Utah Baby Shower

My cousin Jennifer threw a baby shower for me at my Aunt Jo's house in Utah on Monday. There were about 20 of us there and it was sooo fun! I am so blessed to have so much love and support from so many people in my family as well as friends I have made the past couple years in Utah. Thanks for coming everyone!

This is my good friend Tara and I. We used to be coworkers at American Family Insurance up until Tara stopped working in February.  Her and I have stayed really good friends and I just love her to pieces! In fact, my older brother Parker grew up and played ball with her husband, Jason Call, when we lived in Farr West! What a small world :) She is 13 weeks pregnant with her second baby! Good luck Tara!
My cousin Jennifer was the mastermind behind this whole shower. She is one of the most crafty and creative people I've ever known. She even made homemade chicken salad for chicken salad sandwiches that were sooo yummy! She put on such a great and fun shower that I think everyone enjoyed! Thanks Jenn!

One of the activities we did was getting in groups of three people, using a few baby magzines and a pair of scissors, and piecing together baby body parts and facial features to create what they thought Saije would look like. Let's just say I got a few interesting looking babies! Ha Ha! It was hilarious!
I couldn't forget to post a pic of the most darling diaper cake I have ever seen! Of course, it was made by my cousin Jennifer! :) The bow on top is tied to a bottle, all the flowers are hair accessories, and there is a bag of wipes on the inside that all the diapers are stacked around. I couldn't and still can't get over how darling it is! I will use those daipers last so I can display this in Saije's room for awhile :) Thanks again Jenn!

No comments:

Post a Comment