Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas 2012

For Christmas Eve we took all of Channing's Christmas presents over to Aunt Laura and Uncle Rick's house so Channing could open his presents with his cousin's Korbyn and Khendyn. They celebrated their Christmas' on Christmas Even because all three boys had to go back to their opposite parents house early Christmas morning. We figured it would be easier to do their Christmas' this way so it wouldn't be so hectic on Christmas morning getting them to and from different places. We saved all of Saije's presents for Christmas morning, but she did open a gift from Rick and Laura and a gift from Korbyn and Khendyn. They both got her toys that hang from her carrier and when she pulls on them they start making music. JUST what she needed because she is so grabby lately. Thanks Aunt Laura, Uncle Rick, Korbyn, and Khendyn!
Channing got a gang of stuff! Brogan and I spoiled that kid rotton! lol. Of course we got him a few outfits, some BSU jammies, toys...and then the grand finale was a mini power wheels fourwheeler! I will have to try and find a picture of it on Brogan's phone because I didn't get one on mine. Channing LOVES it! It only goes like 1.5 mph but fits him perfectly. In fact, first thing Christmas morning when he woke up he climbed out of his play pen and started driving it around his room! Ha Ha!
Christmas morning! Saije's VERY first Christmas ever! Sportin' her Christmas jammies too!
My first gift from Brogan was a Willow Tree figurine that I wanted to add to my collection!
Brogan's first gift from me was a Fossil watch! He is a watch guy...he's almost ALWAYS dresses up and a watch is like the icing on the cake before he goes out. He has a really nice silver Fossil watch so I got him a black gunmetal Fossil watch with a little diamond in it. Very nice!
Saije's first gift from Mommy and Daddy were some teething toys. She has been teething for over a month already and she needed some toys to help the process along.
I love my fiance'! The biggest thing I REALLY wanted for Christmas was permanent eyelash extensions from the salon and he got me a certificate to go get them done! They are like $150 to start plus $30 every 3 weeks to get them filled! Best Christmas present ever! I have always HATED my eyelashed because they are really really short and they don't curl. Now they will be black black and long long and curly curly! Thanks honey!
We are a gaming family. Card games and board games that is...When Brogan and Staci got divorced she took all the games for some reason. I had a bunch from when I was married to Alex so I decided to re-buy the ones that I didn't have that Brogan USED to have and then a few more. I got Catch-Phrase and Logos. Logos is a brand new game that just came out. We have yet to play it, but I'm sure we will soon.
When Brogan and I were shopping at the mall a few weeks before Christmas we decided that if we ever wanted to go to the club or something I didn't really have anything to wear that was "clubbish"! lol. Needless to say, I picked out an outfit and acted like it was a surprise on Christmas morning! Ha Ha!
Brogan picked out two different Tapout t-shirts and he also acted really surprised about them on Christmas morning! lol
Brogan also got me a Tapout t-shirt and a Hustler t-shirt!
Saije got quite a few outfits since, let's be honest, all a 4 month old really needs is clothes at this point in her life! Oh wait...I guess we did get her a play mat with a mobile that hangs over the top so she can lay on her back and play with the little dangly things. Her favorite one which is of course a little mirror. She's gonna be such a Diva!
Hooker boots! Brogan thought these were sexy but I can't say he's too thrilled about me being 2 inches taller than him when I swear them!
Jammies!
Brogan got me four amazing kitchen must-haves! He got me this awesome electric skillet which I love and needed, a really nice large crockpot since the only crockpot I have is a tiny one, a roaster to cook a ham or a turkey, and a SICK toaster! I've never been too excited over a toaster before but this thing is awesome! It's digital and it fits bagels instead of just toast. Digital toasters? hmmm....robots are right around the corner!
Since Brogan's birthday in October he's been telling me that the only thing he wanted for his birthday or Christmas was a Duramax. We're talking a REAL Chevy Duramax costing $63,000 for all the features he wants on it. Ya...right...Although he really does want one and I'm afraid that will be his next big purchase, he was joking. I thought I would play along with the joke though so I got him a toy pickup! When he unwrapped it, he laughed his butt off! It was pretty funny if I must say so myself....ha ha SUCKA!
Some more outfits and jammies! By the way, Grandma and Grandpa Gransbury came over on Christmas morning after we took Channing back to his Mom to watch us upen presents and also the open their presents from us!
Saije got the cutest little outfit from Great Grandma and Grandpa! Thanks!
The Grand Finale gift of the day from me to Brogan!
Brogan's Father passed away 2 1/2 years ago from MS. It has never been easy on Brogan from the day he was diagnosed when Brogan was about 14 to his death in April 2009. He struggles on a daily basis because he misses that man so much. Although I never met Ronnie, the love and admiration Brogan has for his Father says it all and I didn't have to personally know him to know he was a great man. What I did was find one of the best pictures of Ronnie smiling and blew it up as big as I could without distorting the picture. Ronnie was sick and in the nursing home when this picture was taken, but what an amazing look in his eyes.  
I ordered some custom vinyl that says "Always in our Hearts" so put above it so we can display this in our front room. When Brogan opened it, he got teary eyed, I got teary eyed, and both his grandparents got teary eyed. It was a very special couple minutes especially when Grandpa said "Just last night I was laying in bed thinking about how proud your Dad would be of you Brogan. You have two beautiful children, a wonderful woman, a good job, and your head on straight" and then he started crying. Man...No dry eyes in the house after that!
I love you Brogan!
Saije sportin' her First Christmas outfit!
Daddy and Saije on Christmas Day!

After opening all our gifts to one another we headed back out to Rick and Laura's for Rick's home cooked prime rib dinner! Absolutely incredible! Rick missed his calling in life and became a farmer instead of a chef! lol. He takes his cooking very seriously, but does a dang good job! After snacking and eating we all sat around and talked and then played Catch Phrase, boys vs girls. Girls dominated of course! Brogan and I had to get on the road headed to ND by 9 PM so we said our goodbyes and hit the road!

All in all, it was a very wonderful Christmas indeed! It wasn't about the gifts...it was about being with each other and spending our first Christmas together as a family. We are so blessed to have come across each other this past year and experience a whole new level of happiness. To all those reading, we hope you all had a very Merry Christmas yourselves. We are thankful for each and every one of you and thankful to call you friends, family, and aquaintences. May the spirit of Christmas burn inside of us all year round, be kind to one another, and never let go of the ones we love. God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment