Friday, January 6, 2012

Wedding in the Bahamas!!!

That's right! Brogan and I have officially decided: We are going on a cruise and getting married in the Bahamas in September! We found an amazing deal and so far three other couples to come with us! We will be booking our tickets next month after we get our taxes figured out and then it's REALLY official! We have the money now, but Brogan made ALOT of money this last year, more than he's ever made in his life, so he wants to make sure he doesn't end up having to PAY taxes before we drop $2000 on a cruise...The invitation is still open. Anyone wanting to join us let me know before I book so we can make sure there are enough rooms available to accomodate everyone. The price for the actual cruise is $593.60/couple which includes all taxes and fees and food, and then you'll need to book flights to/from Miami (about $500/person). The dates of the cruise are September 3-7. Leaving the 3rd at 5 PM and getting back to Miami the 7th at 8 AM. It is four nights and three days, all of which those days are in the Bahamas. The only time we'll be on the actual cruise ship is from 5 PM to 8 AM everyday. Every other time you will be on land, visiting three different islands all in the Bahamas: Grand Bahama Island, Great Stirrup Cay, and Nassau.
I went on my Honeymoon with Alex on a Caribbean cruise so I've been on one before. Brogan, however, has barely traveled! He did go on his Honeymoon to Hawaii, but other than that, he's stayed in the Western United States his whole life. He is soooo excited about this he can hardly stand it!
And not only are we going on a cruise and visiting the Bahamas, but we are GETTING MARRIED THERE! Right on the beach to be exact! It doesn't get much better than that!
8 more months folks and I will be a married woman laying next to my husband on the beach in the Bahamas sippin' on a Pina Colada and have a big smile on my face! Who's coming??? :-)
I'm going to wear a beach-style wedding dress and hold a fresh flower bouquet I'll purchase the day of from someone in the flea market...it sounds like a dream, but it won't be for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment