Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Engaged!!!

A couple days before Brogan came home I got a surprise delivery: these GORGEOUS flowers from him with a note that said "You are amazing and this week is going to be even more amazing!" I thought he was just referring to him being home because that in itself makes for an amazing week!
What he REALLY meant by that was that he was going to propose! And he did! WE ARE ENGAGED! No date yet, but we are thinking Springtime. I know that makes for a long engagement, but who cares! I've always wanted a Spring wedding!
 This is how he did it: He convinced me to find a babysitter for Saije, which I did...(thanks Amber!) We dropped Channing off at his Grandma's house and Saije off to Amber and then headed to Twin Falls where Brogan told me he was going to take me to dinner and a movie. I was so excited because I haven't been to a movie in the theater in months! We walk into Johnny Carinos (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's like an Olive Garden or Carabbas but way better) and Brogan informs the host that he had a 6:00 reservation. That kind of made me laugh because no reservations are neccessary on a Thursday night! Ha Ha! She then takes us back and seats us at a table covered with rose petals and candles! The honest to goodness truth is that I wasn't even tipped off that something was up because I just figured all the side tables were like that since it's a nice restaurant. I'm so dumb! Ha Ha! We eat our meal and get to talking and right when I think our server is bringing us our check, he sets down a piece of caramel cheesecake right in front of me with a HUGE diamond ring on top of it! A whopping 3 karats! I looked up at Brogan and he had a big 'ol grin on his face. He then stands up, walks around to my side of the table, gets down on one knee, takes my hand, looks me in the eyes, and says "Jayne Lyons. I love you so much! Will you spend the rest of your life with me?" At this point I'm smiling bigger than I've ever smiled before and I say "ummmmm....YES!!!" He gives me a big 'ol kiss and all the onlooking waitresses/servers and restaurant guests start clapping and going "Ow Ow" cuz we were still kissing! Lol! It was one of the greatest nights of my life. People may say that dating for 3 1/2 months isn't a long enough dating period to be ready for marriage, but for us we just knew that we wanted to spend the rest of eternity with each other! I knew a long time ago, but apparently it took Brogan a little longer to figure it out ;) JK! I went from thinking I was done with men for awhile, because of Saije's father, to being engaged in about 4 months! Right when I was about to give up, Brogan came into my life totally and completely unexpectedly and changed me for the best! He took me on regardless of me being 6 1/2 months pregnant with someone else's kid. He truly is my angel. He has to be one of the greatest, most caring, loving, selfless, and incredible human beings and I get to be the lucky one to call him my husband! I love you Brogan Lee Anthony Gransbury! I can't wait to say "I DO!"
I'm engaged!!!
I'm gonna be Mrs. Gransbury!

P.S. We went to the movie afterwards like planned and saw 'Abduction'...It was actually really good! The night was perfect! Thanks honey! I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment