Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I've been crafty!

I bought this little craft kit from my "Mama Cris". She's the sweet lady I lived with in Utah. She owns a craft boutique store in Ogden, UT where she sells finished and unfinished crafts that she comes up with on her own. She is THE MOST creative person I've ever met in my life! This little kit came with the wood block and the metal "I <3 Fall" piece. All I had to do was paint the wood block brown, glue on scrapbook paper on the sides, top, and front, and find a cute embelishment for the side. I found these cute fall leaves at a local scrapbook store and then got some orange and brown ribbon for the little bow. It didn't take long to make, but it is sure cute! It's the only Fall decoration I have in my apartment! Ha Ha!
I made these cute picture frames for Saije's room. I got these frames at Walmart for .97, painted them brown, and then hot glued the pink/yellow flowers and ribbon on the front! Easy as that! The whole project only cost me about $9!
Now I REALLY have to marry him! Ha Ha! I bought these 4" wood letters from Mama Cris as well. I just painted them brown, glued cute scrapbook paper on the front, hot glued buttons and wood hearts on, tied some ribbon on a few of the letters, and then antiqued them by sponging on some black ink around the edges. They turned out sooooo great! Way better than I even imagined in my head! YAY! I picked scarpbook paper that matches our home decor: red, black, and brown. I thru in a little mustard yellow just for fun. :-)
Here are the letters up close so you can see details.
Between the wood letters, scrapbook paper, buttons, wood hearts, ribbon, and paint I think this project cost me about $25. Not bad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment