Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My little scare!


As I mentioned in an earlier post tonight, I had been attributing my constant red left eye to seasonal allergies. That was until it would never go away and it started affecting my vision. I noticed my vision getting worse and worse when I was up in North Dakota and then it got to the point where I couldn't even wear my contacts. THEN it got so red it looked gross and it was constantly runny. The last straw was when we got home and I couldn't even open my eye because it was so runny and it felt like something was in my eye. Brogan demanded I go to the eye doctor so I made an emergency appointment. I went in the next morning and Dr. Zarbyninski examined it for about 5 minutes before pulling away and saying "Bad news. I am sending you to a micro surgeon right away!" My heart sank in my chest. He continued to explain that I had been suffering from some sort of allergic reaction in my left eye and it had overtaken the blood vessels and they were now 5x their normal size. Because they were so enlarged and growing, they would continue to make my vision worse and worse until I eventually woke up completely blind in that eye. I almost started crying! The only thing I could think of was my eyelash extensions. I was due for an eyelash fill that day, which I obviously cancelled, and he said that could definitely be what caused it to begin with because around the time of my last fill is when it all started. My eyelash lady probably got a drop of glue in my eyeball and my eye reacted really bad to it. He said NO MORE EYELASHES and I quickly agreed. As much as I love my eyelashes, I love to see more. I couldn't get into the micro surgeon in Pocatello for a few days so I waited it out. I went just a few days ago on Monday and got good news! My eye was healing on it's own and it was 90% better than even five days previously as my regular eye dr appointment. The micro surgeon said that as long as I don't continue to get my lashes done, I shouldn't have a problem. I am now safe to wear contacts again and my eye hasn't been red or runny anymore. I am soooo grateful! The thought of "micro surgery" on my freaking eyeball had me so nervous I about peed my pants several times just thinking about it!

All is well and I still haven't had any problems. My vision is slowly coming back too so I should be golden. It sure game me and Brogan a good scare though!

No comments:

Post a Comment