Wednesday, May 2, 2012

We've set a date!

We have FINALLY picked a date and the special day is going to be August 11th! We booked the venue yesterday and plans for everything else are starting to come together! We have been engaged since September 29th so it's about time we pin pointed the exact day to tie the knot. We are more than thrilled! By the way...We are no longer getting married in the Bahamas. We booked our Bahamas cruise a couple weeks ago for 3 weeks after our wedding as our Honeymoon. We are getting married here at the Rupert Elks Club and then having a dance reception afterwards with lots of music and treats! Brogan's family begged us not to do it on the cruise because they all really wanted to be a part of it and witness such a special day in our lives. No one could go on the cruise. We happily agreed and so that is that. I will start collecting addresses in a few weeks for invitations. We are scheduled to take our engagement pictures in 2 weeks from today when Brogan is home next, and I just bought my wedding dress! It is absolutely the dress of my dreams! It was only the second dress I tried on, but when I saw it I just knew it was the one for me! PLUS when the lady went to order it in for me (the dress in the store is more or less a model) she came back and said that the dress was discontinued so she couldn't order it in, BUT I could have that exact dress off the rack for 50% off! I was going to pay $600 for it and only ended up paying $300 AND THEN she threw in a matching mini dress for Saije for only $20 more! The dress was already in my size and needs zero alterations. All I have to do is dry clean it and get it pressed! It couldn't have worked out any better! I got the dress of my dreams for half the price and I didn't have to wait 3 months to get it in. It was definitely meant to be. Hallelujah! Yes I have been married before, however I never had a wedding. If that makes sense. All this planning is so much fun, yet stressful at times, but it will all be worth it on that special day. I am doing all this on my own so wish me luck!

I can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life. I can't wait to start our forever babe! I love you and our kids so much! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment